ISRO offers a free online course on geoprocessing using Python, with certificate
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) offers a free online course on geoprocessing using Python for students and professionals interested in learning more about the topic. The course is delivered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), which is a center of ISRO in Dehradun.
The course can be taken through the IIRS-ISRO e-class platform and no specific hardware or software is required other than a device with internet connectivity.
Things to know:
- The course will run from January 17 to 28, 2022.
- The course can also be delivered in a classroom, provided a desktop/laptop computer with webcam, microphone, output speakers as well as a large display screen or projector or TV is available with the coordinators.
- The course can be taken by final year undergraduate or postgraduate students, technical or scientific personnel of central or state government, professors or researchers of universities or institutions, users receiving programs within the framework of the CEC-UGC or CIET networks.
- The course will train participants on how to quickly process large amounts of data collected from satellite images and derive useful insights and insights from geospatial data.
- All study materials, such as presentation contents, suggested links, and recorded video sessions, will be available under the E-CLASS login.
- Participants will receive an ISRO certificate based on 70% attendance and 40% on the online exam.
- An online exam will be conducted at the end of the course via the official website.
- The date and time of the exam will be communicated within 2 weeks of the end of the course.
- The certificate will be issued within 2-3 weeks of the online exam.
- Course registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to register:
- Register for the course via official site.
- Upon successful submission of the application, a registration number will be received by email. Activate your account by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Once the submitted documents have been approved, the login credentials of the IIRS E-CLASS platform will be shared through which the courses can be taken.
For more details, read the official guidelines or write to email@example.com (programme coordinator).