ISRO offers a free 5-day online course with certificate; Apply here
IThe Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) is currently accepting applications from professionals and researchers for a free online course titled “Geospatial Inputs to Enable Master Plan Formulation under AMRUT Subscheme”.
Things to know:
- The course is scheduled for October 11-15, 2021.
- The course will consist of five lectures (each lasting an hour and a half).
- The course will focus on geospatial modeling and applications for urban and regional areas.
- This course will be delivered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) Dehradun, a center of the ISRO Space Department.
- The course is designed for professionals engaged in urban and regional planning, students and researchers in urban and regional planning, geography, environmental studies, civil engineering, architecture, etc.
- This course is free.
- All participants who attend 70% of the course sessions live, via the e-class portal, will receive a certificate.
- Participants who attend course sessions via the IIRS YouTube channel must mark their attendance via offline sessions available after 24 hours to be eligible for the certificate.
What is the course about?
- Program Overview, Scope and Coverage
- Project execution and deliverables
- Familiarity with remote sensing datasets
- Identification and interpretation of urban characteristics
- Geographic Information System (GIS) based analysis and modeling
- Map projections and mobile applications
- Surveying techniques and navigation systems
- Design and standards for the formulation of a GIS-based master plan for the cities of the Atal Mission for Urban Rejuvenation and Transformation (AMRUT)
- Creation of maps based on AMRUT standards
- Overview of Geospatial Data Collection, Use and Sharing Policies in India
How to register?
- Click on here to access the application form.
- Applicants will be required to fill in their personal and educational qualification information.
- Make sure that the e-mail address and telephone number mentioned in the form are correct.
- Click on the preview option before submitting the form.
What will you need for this ISRO course?
- Device – Desktop/Laptop/Mobile
- Operating System – Windows, Macintosh, Linux, Android or IoS
- Web browser – Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari
- Internet speed – 2 Mbps or 3G connectivity and above
- Course URL – https://www.eclass.iirs.gov.in/login.
Click on here to access the official brochure.