ISRO invites students to apply for a free two-week online course in remote sensing and GIS technology
ISRO, through its center, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), has called for applications for another free online course titled “Fundamentals of Remote Sensing and GIS Technology”. The course is aimed at students interested in learning space science who have graduated and are pursuing graduate studies. There are only a limited number of places available due to which applicants will be admitted on a first come, first served basis.
The course will run from September 14 to 28, 2021 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. daily. All approved participants must login to the IIRS E-CLASS portal with their credentials during live sessions. The E-CLASS platform will automatically register a participant’s presence based on their login during the session and their presence during the session. Typically, attendance is marked as present after 50% of the total session duration. Participants will receive an ISRO certificate at the end of the course.
What will ISRO’s free online course in remote sensing and GIS technology cover?
Course participants will learn the following topics over a two-week period:
- Overview of the Indian space program and its applications.
- Fundamentals of remote sensing techniques.
- Fundamentals of Geographic Information System.
- Remote sensing platforms and sensors.
- Major trends in remote sensing technology.
- Digital image processing of remote sensing satellite images.
- Open source GIS software geodata management.
- Overview of GIS data analysis.
- Online Geodata Repository and ISRO Bhuvan Portal.
- Presentation of cyber GIS.
- Use of geospatial technology in science.
How to Register for ISRO’s Free Online Course in Remote Sensing and GIS Technology
- Interested participants should register with the official site by providing their data such as email address and mobile phone number.
- Entrants will receive the registration number upon successful submission of the application in the form of web page posting and email message.
- Entrants can then activate their account by clicking on the link that will be sent to the registered email address.
- Once the account is activated and the email is verified, the application will be available for the selection process to the institute, course coordinator or director who can approve or reject the application.
- All approved participants will receive an approval email with their IIRS E-class platform login credentials.