ISRO invites applications from professionals and students for a free online course in remote sensing
ISRO offers a free online course on Water Quality Studies using Hyperspectral Remote Sensing for Indian Coastal and Inland Waters
ISRO has announced a one-day free online course titled “Water Quality Studies Using Hyperspectral Remote Sensing for Indian Coastal and Inland Waters” for interested students and professionals. The course will be delivered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a center of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) involved in the field of remote sensing and geoinformatics. At the end of the workshop, participants will be familiar with the various applications of geospatial technology in the mapping of water quality parameters and will also learn about the future of this field of study, explains the institute. .
What will the free ISRO online course cover?
The course aims to provide participants with an overview of the applications of hyperspectral remote sensing technology for various water quality studies. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Basics of hyperspectral remote sensing.
- Processing of hyperspectral remote sensing data.
- Mapping of coastal water quality using hyperspectral remote sensing data.
- Mapping of inland water quality using hyperspectral remote sensing data.
- Overview of the Water Body Information System (Bhuvan NRSC).
Who can attend the ISRO Free Online Course?
The course has been designed for the following participants:
- Central and state government professionals.
- Professionals from private organizations.
- NGOs engaged in water resources management.
- Students and researchers aligned with research in water quality studies.
How do I attend the ISRO Free Online Course?
Interested participants have the following options for taking the free online course:
- Individuals can attend the live course through any web browser through the e-class portal of IIRS, Dehradun: https://eclass.iirs.gov.in
- Participants can also watch the workshop live via the IIRS YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/edusat2004
Those who wish to know more are invited to go through the official course brochure for more information.