IIT Madras will soon offer a free online course on Artificial Intelligence on NPTEL
IIT Madras has announced that it will soon make available on the NPTEL platform a free 12-week online course on Artificial Intelligence. The course titled “Artificial Intelligence Course on Research Methods for Problem Solving” was also offered earlier on the NPTEL platform. “IIT Madras and NPTEL India are offering a free online course on “Artificial Intelligence Research Methods for Problem Solving”, led by Prof. Deepak Khemani, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Madras. Registration soon,” said an official tweet from the institute.
The course, as mentioned earlier, will be led by Prof. Deepak Khemani, a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the Institute. He earned his BTech in Mechanical Engineering, as well as his MTech and PhD in Computer Science from IIT Bombay, and has been working at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras ever since. The program is an FDP course approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
What will IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence cover?
The course will cover the following aspects of artificial intelligence over a period of 12 weeks:
- Introduction: History, can machines think? Turing test, Winograd scheme challenge, language and thought, wheels and gears.
- Introduction: philosophy, mind, reasoning, calculation, Dartmouth conference, the saga of chess, epiphenomena.
- State space search: depth-first search, breadth-first search, iterative depth-first search.
- Heuristic Search: Best First Search, Hill Climbing, Solution Space, TSP, Escape Local Optima, Stochastic Local Search.
- Population-based methods: genetic algorithms, SAT, TSP, emergent systems, ant colony optimization.
- Search for optimal paths: Branch and Bound, A, Admissibility of A, Informed heuristic functions.
- Space-saving versions of A: A-weighted, IDA, RBFS, monotonic condition, sequence alignment, DCFS, SMGS, beam stack search.
- Game: game theory, board games and game trees, Minimax, AlphaBeta and SSS algorithm.
- Automated planning: domain-independent planning, block world, forward and backward search, objective stack planning, planning space planning.
- Breakdown of the problem: Ends-by-means analysis, Graphplan algorithm, AO algorithm.
- Rules-based expert systems: production systems, inference engine, Match-Resolve-Execute, Rete Net.
- Deduction as research: logic, correctness, completeness, first-order logic, forward chaining, backward chaining.
- Constraint processing: CSP, consistency-based diagnostics, algorithm backtracking, arc consistency, algorithm forward checking.
Who Can Apply For IIT Madras Free Online Course?
The course is open to computer science and engineering students as well as anyone comfortable with the language of algorithms. Participants who successfully complete the courses on NPTEL and clear exams also receive a certificate with the logos of IIT Madras and NPTEL. More details on the joining date will be updated once revealed by the institute.