IIT Madras is inviting applications from students for a free 12-week online course in Artificial Intelligence
IIT Madras offers a free online course on artificial intelligence that students with basic programming knowledge can take
IIT Madras invited students to apply for a free online course on artificial intelligence titled “Artificial Intelligence: Knowledge Representation and Reasoning”. The course, which can be completed in 12 weeks, begins with simple propositional language, then moves on to first-order logic, representations for reasoning about action, change, situations, and other agents in situations. incomplete information. The course requires students to have basic knowledge of formal languages, logic and programming.
The course will be led by Deepak Khemani, a professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. The professor earned his BTech in Mechanical Engineering, as well as his MTech and Ph.D. in Computer Science from IIT Bombay. Khemani has been associated with IIT Madras since 1989. Although the course is free, to obtain certificates, participants will have to pay Rs 1000 and pass an exam which will take place on April 23, 2022.
Who can take the IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence?
Although the course can be taken by anyone interested, it would be most beneficial for students pursuing the following degrees:
What will IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence cover?
The following topics will be covered in the course over a 12-week period:
- Introduction, propositional logic, syntax and semantics.
- Proof systems, natural deduction, array method, solution method.
- First-order logic (FOL), syntax and semantics, unification, forward chaining.
- Rete’s algorithm, example of Rete, programming rule-based systems.
- Representation in FOL, Categories and Properties, Reification, Calculation of events.
- Deductive recovery, backward chaining, logic programming with Prolog.
- Resolution Refutation in FOL, FOL with equality, complexity of theorem proof.
- Description logic (DL), structure matching, classification.
- DL extensions, ALC language, inheritance in taxonomies.
- Default reasoning, Circumscription, The calculation of events revisited.
- Default logic, autoepistemic logic, epistemic logic, multi-agent scenarios.
In addition, students can also take two elective subjects namely Conceptual Dependency Theory (CD), Natural Language Understanding or Semantic Networks, Frameworks, Scripts, Goals and Plans.
Important Details of IIT Madras Free Online Course on Artificial Intelligence
The course will run from January 24 to April 15, 2022 and interested participants should register by January 31, 2022. The course also carries three credit points, which can be beneficial for students. People wishing to register are advised to go through the official site for more information.