IIT Kharagpur Invites Applications for Free Online Internet of Things Course
IIT Kharagpur, an Institute of National Importance, has invited applications from interested students and professionals for a free online course on Introduction to Internet of Things, which can be completed in 12 weeks. The course is offered by the NPTEL platform and is approved by the AICTE FDP. The course is undergraduate and participants should have a basic knowledge of programming to understand the course.
The course will be led by Dr. Sudip Misra, Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. His current research interests include ad hoc and wireless sensor networks, Internet of Things (IoT), computer networks, learning systems, and algorithm design for emerging communication networks. Participants can also get certificates after passing an exam after paying Rs 1000, and the course also has three credit points.
What will IIT Kharagpur Internet of Things Free Online Course cover?
The IIT Kharagpur course aims to introduce the participants to technology as IoT will be applied in all major fields in the coming days. The technology covers different vertical application areas ranging from agriculture, space, healthcare, manufacturing, construction, water and mining. Some of the topics that will be covered in the course are:
- Introduction to IoT: sensing, actuation and networking basics.
- Networking basics: communication protocols.
- Communication protocols: Sensor networks.
- Sensor networks: machine-to-machine communications.
- Interoperability in the IoT, introduction to Arduino programming: Integration of sensors and actuators with Arduino.
- Introduction to Python programming, introduction to Raspberry Pi, IoT implementation with Raspberry Pi.
- Introduction to SDN, SDN for IoT.
- Data processing and analysis, cloud computing, sensor cloud, fog computing, smart cities and smart homes, connected vehicles, smart grid and industrial IoT.
- Case study: Agriculture, health and activity monitoring.
Important Details of IIT Kharagpur Internet of Things Free Online Course
The course will run from July 26 to October 15, 2021 and the certification exam will be held on October 24, 2021 in two batches, namely the morning session from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and the afternoon session from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. . The deadline to register for the course is August 2, 2021. Interested participants can register for the course by clicking the Join button on the Official page after logging into the SWAYAM platform using their Microsoft, Facebook, Google or SWAYAM accounts.