Google offers a free online course on machine learning, check the important details
Google has offered a free online course on machine learning that can be taken by interested participants. The Machine Learning Crash Course with TensorFlow APIs course is Google’s quick, hands-on introduction to machine learning that can be completed in 15 hours. Google’s free online machine learning crash course offers a series of lessons with video lectures, real-world case studies, and hands-on exercises.
The course requires interested participants to have basic knowledge of machine learning, NumPy, pandas, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, etc. If participants are new to machine learning, they can also take an introduction to defining machine learning problems provided by Google. The one-hour self-paced course teaches participants how to identify appropriate problems for machine learning.
Prerequisites for Taking Google’s Free Online Machine Learning Course
The course does not require candidates to have prior knowledge of machine learning. However, to understand the concepts presented and carry out the exercises, students must meet the following prerequisites:
- Participants should be comfortable with variables, linear equations, graphs of functions, histograms and statistical averages.
- Participants should be good programmers and ideally have some Python programming experience as the programming exercises are in Python. However, experienced programmers with no Python experience can usually complete programming exercises anyway, Google says.
What will Google’s free online machine learning course cover?
After completing the course, participants will be able to recognize the practical benefits of mastering machine learning and understand the philosophy of machine learning. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Introduction to machine learning.
- Get down to machine learning.
- Reduction of losses.
- Define common machine learning terms.
- Describe examples of products that use machine learning and the general machine learning problem solving methods used in each.
- Identify whether to solve a problem with machine learning.
- Compare and contrast machine learning with other programming methods.
- Apply hypothesis testing and the scientific method to machine learning problems.
- Have conversations about how to solve machine learning problems, etc.
Those interested in learning more and taking Google’s free online course in machine learning are encouraged to visit the official site for more details.