Are English teachers in demand in Thailand
Being a teacher is perhaps one of the finest professions a person can have. Especially when teaching younger children. Because you are helping in the process of creating a complete person in the future, just by helping the child learn something, and he will have a skill that will be of great help in the future.
But children do not always have the will and the desire to learn. Therefore, one of the tasks of the teacher is to make the child want to learn something new. If the teacher does this, we can say that he is successful in what he does. This means that the teacher loves his job and is committed to transmitting all his knowledge to the younger generations.
There is one thing that prevents teachers from realizing their dream and engaging in this profession. And this is due to the fact that in some countries this profession is underpaid. Teachers’ salaries are so low that they are not enough to survive and earn a living. And that’s one of the reasons why people who want to do that, give up their sleep and instead do something they don’t want to do so that they can survive day-to-day life and maintain a normal lifestyle.
But this is not the case everywhere. For example, some countries, like Thailand and others on the Asian continent, are looking for good teachers who can train and shape the younger generations to prepare them for the future. As we cited the example of Thailand, the teaching profession is perhaps one of the highest paying professions in the country, especially if you are certified to teach English.
Why is an English teacher one of the highest paying jobs in Thailand?
We know that English is accepted almost everywhere in the world, it is considered the easiest to learn, and with knowledge of the language you have the opportunity to communicate with people from other countries and cultures. But one of the reasons why the Thai authorities encourage citizens to learn the language is to give them a good chance of finding an ideal job in the future. To be able to create as a complete person who, with his knowledge and skills, can be placed on the labor market not only in the country but also abroad. If you are applying for a job, you have probably noticed that in almost all of them, as a criterion for being employed, it is stated that you must know English well.
This whole thing about being an English teacher in Thailand surely intrigues you, and you wonder what it takes to apply for a job like this? And is it possible to find a job in Thailand if you don’t have an English degree?
In the rest of the text, we will try to explain these things to you. We researched this for you and got the following results.
Schools in Thailand differ in that each of them has particular requirements regarding what an English teacher needs in order to be employed at their institution. But a few requirements are common to most schools, and they are as follows.
- must have a university degree, Thai people are a bit strict in this regard, to teach their future generations it is not enough to have finished high school or a course and teach in the schools there.
Having a university degree is essential and is no exception to this requirement.
- your English must be perfect. You must be fluent in the language, reading and writing must be at an enviable level if you want to teach it in Thailand.
- you must have a TEFL certificate which will allow you to find employment in training schools.
But what if you don’t have a college degree and that’s stopping you from achieving your dream of being a teacher?
From a legal point of view, a degree will help you obtain permission to train students in schools in Thailand. But if you don’t have a degree, you can definitely teach English using the certificate you have. However, these conferences will take place online.
There are certain benefits you can get if you teach English in schools in Thailand, and these are:
- discover a whole new culture that is unknown to you. This country has a rich culture that is too different from the rest of the world. Mainly starting with the unique and delicious food, the people who are hospitable and will make you feel at home, the different beauties you can see across the country, etc.
- Well paid job. Foreign teachers in Thailand have the opportunity to enjoy great benefits with their work. One of them is hosted and covered by health insurance
- Excellent work experience that will help flesh out your CV and provide you with other good positions in the future
- you will meet new people. Thai people are kind people by nature, and they will do whatever it takes to work around them. They will share with you a lot of interesting information about the country and help you to know their culture better.
- you will learn a new language. Although it is a difficult language for foreigners, with your stay there you will be able to learn certain phrases that are used daily and will help you to have an easier communication with people.
If you are considering a job change and would like to apply for an English teacher job in Thailand, please visit teas.co. On the link you can find all the necessary information about everything you need to apply. You have information on what your monthly income would be if you decided to teach in a private or public school. Additional information about their culture will be of great help to you during your stay there. What are the prices of basic food and groceries and how much would it cost you to live there and many other useful facts.
If you’re stuck with a job that doesn’t satisfy you and you feel like you need a job change that will make you happy, now might be a good time to do it. Don’t procrastinate, make a change and improve your life. Maybe teaching a language in a school in Thailand is exactly what will make you happy.