ISRO invites applications for free online course on lunar remote sensing, participants get certificates
ISRO has invited applications from interested students and professionals for a free online course on Lunar Remote Sensing and its Applications, which is offered by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS). This is a one-day free online course taking place on May 12, 2021. All participants will also receive a certificate from ISRO based on 70% attendance.
The course aims to provide participants with an overview of the theory and techniques of remote sensing of the Moon and their applications in the analysis of the characteristics of the lunar surface and its geology, with particular emphasis on the Indian lunar missions. This workshop is conducted while the Moon allows to understand the different telluric planets.
Who can apply for the ISRO Free Online Course?
Participants can be students in the final year of undergraduate or postgraduate courses, technical or scientific personnel from central or state government, and professors or researchers from universities or institutions are also eligible to apply. at this course. Applications for the course should be made through the designated coordinators of the institute.
What will the free ISRO online course cover?
The following topics will be discussed throughout the day:
- Presentation of lunar remote sensing.
- Reflectance spectroscopy and detection of endogenous water on the Moon: examples of recent lunar missions.
- Mineralogy of Mg-Spinal on the Moon.
- Recent advances in radar exploration of the Moon.
- Aitken Basin of the lunar south pole – understanding mantle geochemistry from a distance.
- Chandrayaan-2 Imaging Infrared spectrometer (IIRS): Some first results for mineral analysis.
How to Apply for ISRO Free Online Course?
To apply for ISRO’s free online course offered under the IIRS Outreach Program, interested organizations should complete the following steps:
- Identify a coordinator who will be responsible for providing course information.
- All participants must register online via the registration page by selecting their organization as the hub.
Those who wish to know more about the course can go through the official brochure for any other information.