ISRO invites applications for a free 5-day online geospatial technology course with certificate
ISRO has invited applications from interested participants for a free online geospatial technology course that can be completed in 5 days
ISRO is currently accepting applications from professionals and researchers for a free online course titled “Geospatial Inputs to Enable Master Plan Formulation under the AMRUT Sub-Program”. The course is the 92nd outreach program of Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, a center of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Space Department. The course will run from October 11 to 15, 2021. The IIRS reports that the institute has successfully organized 86 such courses so far with 70,108 participants from over 2900 institutions or universities as of September 20, 2021 spread all over the world. ‘India.
The course is most suitable for professionals engaged in urban and regional planning, students and researchers in urban and regional planning, geography, environmental studies, civil engineering and architecture, among others. All participants who attend 70% of the live course sessions through the e-class portal will be awarded with ISRO certificates. Those who attend class sessions through the IIRS YouTube channel will need to mark their attendance on the offline session which will be available after 24 hours.
What ISRO’s Free Online Geospatial Technology Course Will Cover
The course will provide an overview of the Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) program as well as geospatial technology through the following topics:
- Overview, scope and coverage of the program.
- Project execution and deliverables.
- Familiarity with remote sensing datasets.
- Identification and interpretation of urban characteristics.
- GIS-based analysis and modeling.
- Map projections and mobile applications.
- Surveying techniques and navigation systems.
- Design and standards for the formulation of a GIS-based master plan for AMRUT cities.
- Creation of maps based on AMRUT standards.
- Overview of geospatial data collection, use and sharing policies in India.
How to register for the ISRO free online course and other important details
- Interested and eligible candidates should submit their application on the official site by entering all the required information.
- Course study materials like lecture slides, video-recorded lectures, open source software and demonstration materials will be made available through the IIRS eclass portal.
- The content of the workshop will be available offline after 24 hours on the eclass portal.
- Participants can follow the course online live via the eclass portal or the IIRS YouTube channel.
- ISRO Free Online Course was sponsored by IIRS, Indian Space Research Organization, Department of Space, Government of India, Dehradun.
Those who wish to know more are invited to go through the course brochure in detail for more information.