IIT Goa invites applications for a free online course on MPI in action, participants will receive certificates
IIT Goa is currently accepting applications for a free online course called MPI in Action – Parallelization of Unstable Heat Conduction Solvers. The two-day free online course is offered by the National Supercomputing Mission Nodal Center at IIT Goa. The course will take place from October 2 to 3, 2021 and is open to everyone. The course will take place online and the session link will be shared with registered participants.
To take the course, participants should have a basic understanding of finite difference or finite volume methods and fundamental MPI concepts. Students must have a computer with Linux and MPI installed. The course coordinators will provide detailed instructions to selected participants before starting the course. A certificate of attendance from IIT Goa will be given to participants who attend all sessions.
What will the IIT Goa free online course on MPI in action cover?
The objective of the course is to introduce the application of MPI to parallelize simple CFD solvers. At the end of the course, using hands-on sessions, participants will be able to write a parallel solver to deal with 2D unsteady heat conduction problems in Cartesian grids, the official website says. Some of the topics that will be covered in the course are:
- Review of finite difference methods and MPI concepts.
- Parallelization of the 1D unsteady thermal conduction equation (TP).
- Discretization of the 2D heat conduction equation using finite difference or volume methods.
- Parallelization of the 2D unsteady thermal conduction equation (TP).
Who can take the IIT Goa Free Online Course on MPI in Action?
The course is open to the following participants:
- PhD in any field of science or engineering.
- Master’s degree in any field of science or engineering.
- Third and fourth year undergraduate students in any science or engineering field.
How to Apply for IIT Goa Free Online Course on MPI in Action?
Interested participants should submit their application on the official site before September 26, 2021. Students will need to have a scanned copy of their ID card and a valid email ID to register for the course. Students will receive confirmation upon submission of the registration form.